Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cake would be perfect for any Halloween party. I love cakes made out of cupcakes, because they are easy to distribute. From Kraft Foods.
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix (1 pkg. 2-layer size)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 78.07 ml oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 314.66 ml water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 99.22 g instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 453.59 g package powdered sugar, sifted (4 to 4-1/2 cups)
- black decorating gel
- 5 Oreo cookies, divided
- PREPARE cake batter as directed on package. Add dry pudding mix; mix well. Spoon evenly into 12 paper-lined medium muffin cups. Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese, butter and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition.
- ARRANGE cupcakes on large serving platter or tray to resemble a ghost as shown in diagram (http://www.kraftfoods.com/pdf/GhostCupcake.pdf). Spread with frosting. Use decorating gel to outline the mouth on the cupcakes.
- Finely crush 3 of the cookies; sprinkle inside mouth.
- Place remaining 2 cookies on cupcakes to resemble eyes.
- To make a bigger ghost, double the amount of cupcakes you make.
- Store in refrigerator.