Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A very kid friendly dessert. A great treat for Halloween parties.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 9 vanilla cream-filled sandwich style cookies (preferably oval)
- 1 cup whipped topping
- green icing (or gel)
- brown icing (or gel)
- pumpkin decorative candies
- gummy worms
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine butter, water, and cocoa; bring to a boil.
- Add to flour mixture, beat well.
- Beat in sour cream and eggs.
- Pour into a greased 13inch x 9inch x 2inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350* for 35-38 minutes.
- Cook on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine butter, milk, and cocoa; bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and vanilla, pour over the warm cake.
- Crumble chocolate cookies; sprinkle over frosting while still warm.
- Cool completely.
- For the tombstones use the icing the decorate the vanilla cookies, (we use words or faces); place them on the cake.
- For ghosts, make mounds of whip topping, use the icings to make eyes and mouths.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving add the gummy worms and pumpkins.