Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This is another recipe from the nice folks at the Providence Journal. These fun treats are great at Halloween, but the basic recipe is a delicious fudge which can also be enjoyed anytime of the year. Simply roll fudge balls in toppings for easy candy treats. How long it takes will depend on how dedicated you are to making an eye-catching treat!
- 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces eagle brand sweetened condensed milk (Not evaporated milk)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups candy sprinkles, mixed with
- assorted decorative candies
- In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chips with Eagle Brand.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Roll into balls or Halloween shapes and decorate. Chill 1 hour or until firm.
- Store tightly covered.
- Tips: (Recipe is good at any holiday, just decorate fudge into festive shapes and toppings.
- Fudge can also be cut into fun shapes!)
- How to Decorate Fudge to Create Scary Looking Halloween Treats!
- Pumpkin: Roll fudge in orange sprinkles, carve out pumpkin face designs.
- Use pieces of green jelly candy for leaves on top.
- Cool Cat: Use taffy cut into triangles for ears.
- Red hot candies for eyes and nose.
- Sprinkles for mouth shape.
- Finish with cut licorice pieces for whiskers.
- Scary Ghost: Roll fudge in flaked white coconut. Add candy eyes.
- Spider: Roll big and smaller pieces of fudge into body/head shapes.
- Add red hots for eyes and mouth.
- Use cut licorice pieces for legs.
- Top with colored sprinkles on head and body.