Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love making holiday recipes to go with our family festivities.Found this in a fall 2009 magazine. A hearty meal to go with a salad that is quick and easy for before trick or treating on Halloween evening or any night for that matter. ChefDLH
- Preheat oven to 375°F Cut sausage into 1/4" slices
- heat a large skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add sausage and cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine soup and milk in 13x9 inch 3-qt. casserole. Stir in uncooked pasta, sausage, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup French Fried Onions and peas.
- Bake 45 minutes covered tightly with foil.
- Remove foil and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and 1 cup french fried onions.
- Bake 3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
I made this recipe yesterday for my family and they all came back for seconds. It was delicious! I used frozen chopped broccoli in place of peas because that is what I had on hand, and it worked out well. Great!
I found this recipe as well, in a Hilshire Farms insert inside my Food Network magazine. I knew I had to try it right away. However, after making it I've come to the conclusion that this was not a kitchen tested recipe before being published. After baking my casserole for 45 minutes tightly covered in foil, the liquid had evaporated and my pasta was only half cooked. I added 1 1/2 cups of water and put it back in the oven for another 30 minutes. This time the pasta was perfectly done, but I felt the added liquids watered down the soup flavoring making it bland. Some added seasoning and this recipe would shine.