Recipe by Moody
Very quick and very easy to prepare. Originally from the Student's Vegetarian Cookbook. Can be eaten warm, or as a cold salad.
Top Review by Anu
Easy and yummy! 1 serving recipes are perfect for me, since not everyone at home is as adventurous in trying out different kinds of food. I used only 1/2 cup of onions since 1 cup seemed a tad much for 1 person! I also substituted Tabasco with a green chili sauce that I had, and added 1/4 tsp of salt. This dish will be a regular with me from now on. Thanks!
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml frozen corn
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 59.14 ml couscous
- 118.29 ml water
- 4.92 ml parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml Tabasco sauce
- 0.59 ml cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the garlic and onions in oil on medium low heat for 10 minutes, or until onions are slightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn, tomatoes, couscous and water.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and the couscous is soft.
- Add parsley, Tabasco and cayenne.
- Salt and pepper to taste, if desired.