Recipe by Moody
Very quick and very easy to prepare. Originally from the Student's Vegetarian Cookbook. Can be eaten warm, or as a cold salad.
Top Review by Anu
Easy and yummy! 1 serving recipes are perfect for me, since not everyone at home is as adventurous in trying out different kinds of food. I used only 1/2 cup of onions since 1 cup seemed a tad much for 1 person! I also substituted Tabasco with a green chili sauce that I had, and added 1/4 tsp of salt. This dish will be a regular with me from now on. Thanks!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the garlic and onions in oil on medium low heat for 10 minutes, or until onions are slightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn, tomatoes, couscous and water.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and the couscous is soft.
- Add parsley, Tabasco and cayenne.
- Salt and pepper to taste, if desired.