Very quick and very easy to prepare. Originally from the Student's Vegetarian Cookbook. Can be eaten warm, or as a cold salad.
- Saute the garlic and onions in oil on medium low heat for 10 minutes, or until onions are slightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn, tomatoes, couscous and water.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and the couscous is soft.
- Add parsley, Tabasco and cayenne.
- Salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
Easy and yummy! 1 serving recipes are perfect for me, since not everyone at home is as adventurous in trying out different kinds of food. I used only 1/2 cup of onions since 1 cup seemed a tad much for 1 person! I also substituted Tabasco with a green chili sauce that I had, and added 1/4 tsp of salt. This dish will be a regular with me from now on. Thanks!
Very easy and healthy to make. I doubled the recipe and it's just the right amount for 2 servings as a main dish. I think I overdid the Tabasco ;) - make sure to add some to taste, as the cayenne already gives it a kick. I also added salt and pepper, and was able to use a whole can of corn since I doubled the recipe. I will be making this again
When you want quick and easy, turn to couscous .... and versatile too! and healthy! Lovely recipe, thanks for sharing, made for I Recommend tag game