1/4 Photos of Sponge Kisses
Over Christmas all the cooks in my family started writing down recipes. This was one of my childhood favourites. Be sure to fill the cakes at least 2 hours before serving so they are nice and soft. You can make them more grownup by omitting the vanilla and jam and mix 1/2 cup of raspberries and 2 tsp liqueur into the cream
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 200°C Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 2In a bowl double sift the flours, cream of tartar, baking soda. Set aside.
- 3Divide the sugar into 4 parts. Separate the eggs and place the whites in a large bowl and beat to soft peaks.
- 4With beaters rotating add a 1/4 of the sugar add beat until glossy. Repeat with remaining sugar. Whisk in the egg yolks one at a time.
- 5Sift the dry ingredients one last time over the egg mix. Fold in gently until just incorporated.
- 6Drop heaped teaspoonful onto the baking sheets, leaving room between so they can spread. Bake until lightly golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool.
- 7Whip cream with sugar then add vanilla. Spread half the cakes with jam and cream then top with a cake.
- 8Set aside for 2 hours. When ready to serve sprinkle with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sponge Kisses
Serving Size: 1 (1122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.4
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 107.0 mg
- Sodium 140.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla bean paste