Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious served warm for brunch or a coffee break. No butter inside the cake, but after the cake is baked, butter is poured on top and then icing sugar is sprinkled on top of cake with cinnamon. It took me only 30 minutes for this cake to bake so make sure you check after 30 minutes with toothpick.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup milk, scalded
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- confectioners' sugar or icing sugar
- ground cinnamon
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs thoroughly. Gradually beat in sugar, beating at high speed until thick and light, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla. Beat in HOT milk. Using low speed on mixer, beat in dry ingredients, mixing well. Pour batter into parchment lined and greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Bake in 350°F oven 30 to 40 minutes or until cake tests done. Remove cake from oven; slowly pour melted butter over top. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, then cinnamon. Cool in pan on rack. Cut in squares to serve. Makes 12 servings.
- Country Fair Cookbook—Every Recipe a blue Ribbon Winner.