Recipe by Dancer^
This cake is great for making strawberry shortcake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
Top Review by lotusland
I just made this cake. Made two layers..Did not grease pans as there was NO instruction about that. Now, it says "greased pan"..Well, I hope to heck that my non stick pans are just that..I won't give this stars till I have had a taste test..if they come out of the pan. Lotus.
My mistake..the recipe did say grease the pans. My hubby says the cake looks good, and it has a fine taste! Thanks a bunch, and I am so sorry about whining about the pans...Lotus.
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg yolks until lemon colored; add sugar slowly a tablespoon at a time.
- Add vanilla and gradually, the flour.
- Fold in egg whites which have been beaten until stiff.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes in greased pan.
- Let cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.