Prep 5 mins
Cook 28 mins
I found this in a cook book it is delicous
- 175 g butter, at room temp
- 175 g superfine sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 175 g self rising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- PRE- HEAT OVEN TO 350F / 180°C.
- Grease 2 8-inch/20-cm round cake pans and base-line with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until the mixture is pale in colour and light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, a little at a time, beating after you add each addition.
- Sift the flour in and salt and carefully add to the mixture, folding it in with a metal spoon or spatula.
- Divide the mixture among pans and smooth over with spatula. Place them on the same shelf in the center of the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes until well-risen, golden brown and beginning to shrink from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from oven and let it stand for one minute. When cakes are out of the pan, put jelly on one. Then put the other on top and sprinkle with the confectioners sugar.