Recipe by conniecooks
This the cake we always made for small children's Birthdays. It was my favorite since I was a wee tiny girl. Another of My mum's recipes
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water, cold
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat Egg whites with salt until stiff.
- Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks with cold water until foamy.
- Gradually beat sugar into yolks.
- Sift Flour with baking powder.
- Gradually add to yolks.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Bake in an lightly buttered & floured tube pan at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Cool upside down.