1/2 Photos of Sponge and Vanilla Custard Cake
I found this recipe in Czech magazine. Layers of custard and light sponge sound so interesting to me. It is very easy to make, looks great and it's delicious. I shared cake with my friends and they still rave about it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Bring 1 cup milk and 2 Tbsp.of sugar to a boil.
- 3In small bowl mix together remaining 1 cup milk and vanilla pudding. Pour into boiling milk and stir and cook until thickens. Set a side.
- 4In medium bowl with el. mixer whisk eggs and sugar until light and thick about 5 minutes.
- 5Slowly add oil.
- 6Mix in flour and baking powder. Add cranberries or raisins.
- 7Pour into 10x2 inch rounded cake pan and spoon vanilla pudding over. During baking pudding will sink to the bottom.
- 8Bake 350 F about 35 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes and flip the cake over.
- 9When it cools down I drizzle cake with glaze (powder sugar mix with touch of lemon juice and little bit of water).
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sponge and Vanilla Custard Cake
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.8 mg
- Sodium 246.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 69.5 g
- Protein 6.5 g