Recipe by Hanka
I found this recipe in Czech magazine. Layers of custard and light sponge sound so interesting to me. It is very easy to make, looks great and it's delicious. I shared cake with my friends and they still rave about it.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or 2 tablespoons raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring 1 cup milk and 2 Tbsp.of sugar to a boil.
- In small bowl mix together remaining 1 cup milk and vanilla pudding. Pour into boiling milk and stir and cook until thickens. Set a side.
- In medium bowl with el. mixer whisk eggs and sugar until light and thick about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add oil.
- Mix in flour and baking powder. Add cranberries or raisins.
- Pour into 10x2 inch rounded cake pan and spoon vanilla pudding over. During baking pudding will sink to the bottom.
- Bake 350 F about 35 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes and flip the cake over.
- When it cools down I drizzle cake with glaze (powder sugar mix with touch of lemon juice and little bit of water).