Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
The reason I have called it spoiled chicken is that this meal is totally unacceptable for weight loss or healthy eating plan purposes. PLEASE ENJOY IT WITHOUT FEELING BAD ABOUT IT!
- 6 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large red onion, very finely chopped
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced finely
- 75 g butter
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 200 g creme fraiche
- 200 g light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven 200°C.
- Make 2-3 slashes in each breast.
- Mix the spices together.
- Take 1 tbs chopped onion and the garlic, mash them to a paste with a pestle and mortar.
- Add 1/2 the spices and a tbs oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix to a paste then rub into the chicken on both sides.
- Wrap in foil with a little of the butter on each breast and bake for 20 minutes.
- Fry the onions and mushrooms in the remaining butter and oil 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Mix the creme fraiche and cream with the remaining spices.
- Take the chicken, unwrap it and return to a baking dish cover with half the onions and mushrooms.
- Pour on the cream mixture and cover with remaining mushrooms and onions.
- Return to oven for 1 hour at 180°C until cream has separated somewhat.
- Serve with mushroom pullau or boiled rice.