Chef PotPie's Note:
I was shocked that this was nowhere on Zaar. We're getting older now and sometimes forget about our old party days! The last Spodie Odie we hosted was in, oh... about 1985. We had the receptacle out on the deck in the backyard. If you host one of these parties, keep the brand new garbage receptacle SMALLER than we did back then! And make plans for overnight guests and take away car keys. We always liked to serve in mayonnaise jars just for the tackiness factor, but I would suggest some sturdy wine glasses, and think of it as an impromptu SANGRIA!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 lb) package ice (1 large block)
- 1 (2 liter) bottle club soda
For each guest
- 1 favorite fruit
- 1 (750 ml) bottle favorite wine
- 1Go out and buy a brand new plastic garbage receptacle.
- 2Bring it home and wash it well.
- 3On day of your Spodie Odie, just as your guests arrive, put in the block of ice, and add club soda.
- 4Have mayo jars or glasses ready.
- 5As guests arrive, have them pour their chosen wine, chop or slice and add their favorite fruit.
- 6Add a ladle, spread blankets on the lawn, turn on the tunes, and invite your neighbors so you don't keep them up!
Nutritional Facts for Spodie Odie!
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 83.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: