Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the cookbook called "Patio Daddy-O" 50's recipes with a 90's twist...it says we dare you to eat just one of these rounds...(sounds like another store bought chip)...anyway they say...they're hot and salty, crisp and crunchy, and absolutely irresistible...I made a test run on these chips and did change a few things in the recipe...the temperature and the cooking time...I posted a photo of my before change...they are the chips in the blue bowl...:)
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Place 3 tablespoon of the butter on each baking sheet and place them in the oven briefly to melt the butter.
- Thinly slice the potatoes crosswise.
- Dip both sides of each slice in the melted butter and place on the baking sheets in a single layer.
- Lightly sprinkle the potatoes with salt and paprika.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Rotate the pans on the oven shelves midway through baking to ensure even cooking.
OMG!! These are so easy and, like it says, you can't eat just one!! I made this for one so I just used a medium red skinned potato(that I used a mandolin to slice it), melted butter in a bowl in the microwave. I dipped the slices in the butter and added them to a preheated cast iron griddle. I then sprinkled them with sea salt and the paprika and baked them to pure crispy goodness!!! I had mine with smoked sausage and beans!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for FYC tag game!
These turned out nice and yummy! I did have to cook them a little bit longer, about 10 more minutes. Served with a dash of ketchup. Thanks!