Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is an interesting dessert. I am not sure if you'd call them cookies, cakes or bars but they would be lovely with tea or coffee. They are delicious jam filled sweet treats. I found these in an old cook book and am not sure where the name comes in :)
Top Review by ciao
These are very delicious cookies, and they're really fast and easy to make! I like to substitute different jams once in a while too. I usually add 1/2 tsp. of salt as well. Anyone looking for a great addition to their holiday goody trays should try this easy one! Thanks for posting, Karen!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup of your favorite jelly or 1⁄3 cup jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine first 3 ingredients.
- Blend in butter, egg and vanilla to form a dough.
- Place on lightly floured surface and divide dough into 4 pieces.
- Shape each piece into a 13 inch long rope, 3/4 inches thick.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets, 4 inches apart and 2 inches from the edge of sheets.
- Make a 1/4 inch deep depression down the center of each rope with a butter knife handle.
- Fill depression with jam or jelly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown.
- While still warm, cut diagonally into bars and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.