Recipe by Pamma Lamma
Here's a yummy soup that is filling and easy to make. Warms you up on a cold winter's day!
- 1 (1 lb) package yellow split peas
- 12 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cabbage, roughly chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups turnips, chopped
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Sort through your peas and remove any broken or dark peas.
- Place peas, chopped onion, and salt in a large pot. Cover with the 12 cups of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer over medium heat for 1 hour or until the peas have started to break down.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until vegetables are tender, about half and hour.
- Serve immediately or refridgerate until needed.