Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
7 points plus/serving. Recipe source: WW magazine (October 2011)
Make and share this Split Pea Soup (Ww ) recipe from Food.com.
- In a large soup pot over medium heat heat the oil and then add onion and cook , covered for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in carrots and celery, cook, covered, for another 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in split peas, broth and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 45 minutes.
- Stir in sweet potatoes and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Stir in swiss chard, cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
Gotta say, I enjoy pea soup, & I love sweet potatoes, so getting them together in a recipe like this is just wonderful! Your soup is very, very satisfying, most comforting to a T! Loved the combination of flavors & it's something I'll be happy to make again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]