Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Fast and easy
- 5 fully cooked spicy smoked link sausage, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (andouille or hot links)
- 1 (12 ounce) russet potatoes, peeled,diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1⁄4 cups split peas, rinsed
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Saute sausages in heavy large pot over medium high heat until fat begins to render, about 4 minutes.
- Add potato, onion, fresh rosemary, saute until onion is soft, another 5 minutes.
- Mix in split pea, chicken broth, bring soup to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until peas are tender, stirring occasionally, about 50 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
- If prefer thinner soup, add water by 1/4 cupfuls.
Produces a very thick soup, but it's absolutely wonderful!