Recipe by NYSally
I got this recipe from a bag of peas and added the spagetti the way my mother in law does. It makes for a very hardy and yummy soup.
- 453.59 g dried split peas
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 170.09-226.79 g kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1419.54 ml water
- 226.79 g spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Sort and rinse peas.
- In a large pot combine all ingredients except spagetti.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until peas are tender, about 2-3 hours. Adding water if necessary.
- In the meantime cook spagetti until al dente, and drain.
- After soup has finished cooking and peas are tender add spagetti and cook about 5 minutes longer.
- Serve topped with hot sauce and croutons if desired.