Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from a bag of peas and added the spagetti the way my mother in law does. It makes for a very hardy and yummy soup.
- Sort and rinse peas.
- In a large pot combine all ingredients except spagetti.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until peas are tender, about 2-3 hours. Adding water if necessary.
- In the meantime cook spagetti until al dente, and drain.
- After soup has finished cooking and peas are tender add spagetti and cook about 5 minutes longer.
- Serve topped with hot sauce and croutons if desired.