1/3 Photos of Split Pea Soup With Meatballs
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 45 mins
A nice twist to split pea soup. Real comfort food! Recipe from Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g dry split peas
- 3 medium carrots, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 177.44 ml diced celery
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1892.0 ml water
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 12.32 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1In a Dutch oven, combine peas, carrots, celery, onion and water.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 3Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 4Add potatoes, salt and pepper, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile in a large skillet, saute celery and onion in 2 T oil until tender.
- 6Transfer to a bowl, add pork, bread crumbs, water, salt, sage and egg and mix well.
- 7Form into 3/4" balls and in same skillet, brown meatballs in remaining oil.
- 8Add to soup, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Split Pea Soup With Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (4221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1232.0
- Calories from Fat 418
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 182.3 mg
- Sodium 2685.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 40.6 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 73.4 g