Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 35 mins
From Like Grandma Used To Make by Reader's Digest, c. 1996.
Make and share this Split Pea Soup With Kielbasa recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dried split peas, sorted and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large yellow onions, shopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low-sodium tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 6 ounces turkey kielbasa, sliced (Polish sausage)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, peas, cumin, salt, and red pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the onions, tomatoes, carrots, kielbasa, and water. Bring to aboil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes more or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.