This soup is so fresh and clean tasting, I know you will love it. This is my original recipe.
Make and share this Split Pea Soup, Vegetarian, Easy recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse and pick through peas to remove any unpleasant bits.
- Bring 2 cans vegetable broth to boil in large saucepan.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion in butter until just translucent, not soft.
- Add split peas and cooked onion to broth. Cook about 1 hour till peas are very tender, adding more vegetable broth as needed. You do not want too much broth.
- In a separate pan, cook carrots in water till tender. Chop into fine pieces.
- When split pea mixture is soft, purée in a blender or food processor till it is creamy and smooth.
- Return to pan and add finely chopped carrots.
- Heat through and serve. Soup should be very thick and creamy.