1/1 Photo of Split Pea Soup, Vegetarian, Easy
1 hr 10 mins
This soup is so fresh and clean tasting, I know you will love it. This is my original recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and pick through peas to remove any unpleasant bits.
- 2Bring 2 cans vegetable broth to boil in large saucepan.
- 3Meanwhile, sauté onion in butter until just translucent, not soft.
- 4Add split peas and cooked onion to broth. Cook about 1 hour till peas are very tender, adding more vegetable broth as needed. You do not want too much broth.
- 5In a separate pan, cook carrots in water till tender. Chop into fine pieces.
- 6When split pea mixture is soft, purée in a blender or food processor till it is creamy and smooth.
- 7Return to pan and add finely chopped carrots.
- 8Heat through and serve. Soup should be very thick and creamy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Split Pea Soup, Vegetarian, Easy
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 68.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.7 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 19.2 g