Posted in request for vegetarian oamc recipes. Prep time does not include soaking peas overnight.
Make and share this Split Pea Soup (oamc) recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse split peas, soak in cold water overnight; drain.
- Put peas with remaining ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and stir occasionally.
- Simmer about 2 hours until peas are tender and turn pasty.
- Cool, label and freeze.
- To serve: thaw soup and simmer until warmed through. If too thick, add some water until desired consistancy.