1/2 Photos of Split Pea Soup & Ham
1 hr 10 mins
Winter evening and split pea soup are like two peas...well you get the reference. I saw a similar recipe on Emeril's show and embellished.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- 2Add the onions.
- 3Season with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper.
- 4Saute for 2 minutes.
- 5Add the garlic, bay leaf, and split peas and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 6Add the broth and ham.
- 7Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or more, until the peas are tender.
- 8Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- 9Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- 10Add the milk and, using a hand-held blender or potato masher, process until smooth.
- 11Add the hot sauce if desired and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Split Pea Soup & Ham
Serving Size: 1 (752 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.8
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 1543.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.3 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 40.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: