Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Traditional thick, smokey split pea soup
Make and share this Split Pea Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Sort and rinse split peas.
- Combine split peas, water,butter,onion,boullion,garlic,oregano,celery salt and pepper in large dutch oven. Bring to a boil then turn down to low heat. Simmer 1 hour uncovered.
- Add ham bone and carrots. Simmer about 1 1/2 hours or until thick, stirring occationally.
- Remove ham bone and rinse off. Cut meat off bone into small pieces and add back into soup.
- Taste for salt add as desired.