Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
http://www.easydinnerrecipes.ca/split-pea-soup.html If you’re in the mood for a light, flavorful and healthy broth this recipe for split pea soup fits the bill. Each spoonful of this soup brings up a well-textured combination of green peas, olive oil and lemon juice. The lemon zest makes makes this a lip-smacker of a dish!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chopped large onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups dried split green peas, drained
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 juice and lemon, zest of
- 1 large pinch smoked paprika
- Add olive oil to a big pot over a moderate heat. Stir in the onion and salt and cook until soft. Add the split peas and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer till the peas are tender but not overcooked. Using a large cup or mug, ladle half of the soup into a bowl and set aside. Blend the remaining soup. Stir in the half of the soup that you had set aside, back into the pureé. Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste if required.
- Serve in individual bowls with a bit of lemon zest and a pinch of paprika as a garnish.