Recipe by Dancer^
I like making soups in a crockpot, this one turns out wonderful.
Top Review by cmarsha
Fantastic soup, tastes just like mom used to make. Very easy to make. I did boil the peas on the stove for a few minutes first then threw everything in the crockpot, I didn't have any problem with foaming at all.
- 2 cups split peas
- 2 quarts water
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, cut in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon, powder
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook on high to get it hot, if you have time, then lower the heat setting to low and cook 8 hours.
- Don't fill the crock pot too full, due to foaming.
- Stir, adjust the seasonings and serve.
- If you like the soup creamy, take out 1/2 c. of the soup and puree in food processor, then blend back into the soup.