- 1 (20 ounce) bag dried split green peas
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 white onion
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons marjoram
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the carrots,celery and onion into small pieces.
- Dice the ham into bite size pieces.
- Add the washed peas to a pot with the water and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn to a simmer and add all the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 2 hours. Salt and pepper as needed.
- Semi-puree with hand blender before serving.