Recipe by garrison_angela
This is a soup I've loved all my life and always beg my mom to make when I come home to visit. Lots of people substitute ham but I prefer the taste the smoke sausage adds to the soup.
- 1 lb dried split green peas
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 2 big potatoes or 3 small potatoes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- salt and pepper
- 5 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch squares.
- Add peas, potatoes, water, and beef bouillon cubes to large pot.
- Boil until potatoes and peas are soft (approx. 25-30 min.).
- Put contents into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour soup back into large pot.
- Slice the sausage and add pieces to soup.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until sausage is done.
- Salt and pepper to taste.