4 hrs 10 mins
Chef Ain't B's's Note:
This Pre-1940's recipe included in my “Grandma’s Wartime Edition Cookbook”
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pick over peas and soak overnight.
- 2Drain and add cold water pork, hambone and onion.
- 3Simmer 3 or 4 hours or until pease are soft.
- 4Rub through a sieve.
- 5Add flour mixed with fat to soup.
- 6Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 7Add seasonings.
- 8Thin with milk if necessary.
Browse Our Top Seasonal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Split Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.4
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 357.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: