Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Really easy and great split pea soup
- 2 cups dried split peas, rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 7 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 2 large onions
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small carrot
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Add to large soup pot peas and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Skim off foam.
- Add onions, celery, carrots, and bay leaf. Simmer for 1 hour.
- While simmering add chipotle powder to taste.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Thin soup with water if necessary.