Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it looks pretty simple and tasty! Good to use with leftover ham and it's cooked in a slow cooker. It also is supposed to freeze well.
- 10 cups water
- 2 1⁄4 cups dried split peas
- 2 lbs smoked ham, cut into pieces
- 1 cup onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- Heat water and peas to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Place them in a crock pot.
- Let them sit for about 1 hour, then turn the crock pot on.
- Throw everything else in the crock pot.
- Cook it on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.