Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Our Kitchen To Yours
- 1 cup split peas or 1 cup lima beans
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon onion juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper
- celery salt
- Soak peas or beans overnight.
- Then put on stove with the water and bring to a boil.
- Cool slowly, until soft.
- Rub through a sieve, heat and thicken with a roux of flour and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper, celery salt and onion juice and a few canned peas if available.
- Serve with bread croutons.