Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
Try this for a low calorie treat. 1 Protein exchange and 1/2 bread
Make and share this Split Pea Fritters recipe from Food.com.
- In saucepan combine peas, water, onion, carrot and broth mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally about 30 minutes until peas are soft.
- Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Add milk and egg to cooled split pea mixture and stir.
- Stir into dry ingredients.
- In a 10 inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp oil.
- Spoon 4 heaping tablespoons of batter into skillet, forming 4 small fritters.
- Cook until edges bubble and fritters are browned on the bottom.
- Turn over and cook until browned on the other side.
- Remove to a warmed plate. Set aside and keep warm.
- Repeat procedure with remaining oil and batter.