Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great way to use up leftover chicken.
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (16 ounce) package split peas, rinsed, drained
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a 5 quart Dutch oven combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes, or until chowder has thickedned, stirring occasionally.