1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Light, easy to make and really yummy! Freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 cups chicken stock, low sodium
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups dry split peas, well rinsed
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 10 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 red pepper, cored and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1Saute onion in olive oil until translucent and golden; stir in garlic and add stock and water, peas, squash, carrots, peppercorns and bay leaves, bring to boil.
- 2Cover and simmer on low for about 45 minutes, until peas are thoroughly cooked through.
- 3Add red pepper and continue to cook another 15 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and pulse with hand wand until smooth.
- 5Return to low heat and allow to simmer another 15 minutes.
- 6Stir in parsley, cover and let cool.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Split Pea & Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.8
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 258.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.8 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 18.2 g