Recipe by slb2008
Light, easy to make and really yummy! Freezes well.
Top Review by xime_sosa
DELICIOUS!! My hubby & I made it. My family finished it all in one day. We love squash soup but we were looking for something different. This was exactly it. Will definitely repeat. The sauté onions and garlic added some incredible flavor
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 cups chicken stock, low sodium
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry split peas, well rinsed
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 10 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 red pepper, cored and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in olive oil until translucent and golden; stir in garlic and add stock and water, peas, squash, carrots, peppercorns and bay leaves, bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer on low for about 45 minutes, until peas are thoroughly cooked through.
- Add red pepper and continue to cook another 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pulse with hand wand until smooth.
- Return to low heat and allow to simmer another 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, cover and let cool.