1/4 Photos of Split Pea and Ham Soup
3 hrs 15 mins
Chef #309422's Note:
I created this recipe by taking ingredients from other split pea soup recipes and added a few of my own. My husband loves it, and my dad requests that I make him a batch for his birthday present. This soup also freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse split peas well.
- 2Heat peas and water to boiling.
- 3Boil uncovered for 2 minutes; remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- 4Stir in onions, celery, bay leaves, bouillon cubes, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano leaves. Mix well.
- 5Add ham bone.
- 6Heat to a boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours; stirring occasionally.
- 7Remove ham bone and bay leaves.
- 8Stir in ham and carrots.
- 9Heat to a boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until carrots are tender and soup is desired consistency; stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Split Pea and Ham Soup
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 1030.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: