Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This was delightful, especially after setting overnight so it gets nice and mushy.
Make and share this Split Pea and Ham Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces diced 97% lean ham
- 2 teaspoons enova oil
- 1 russet potato, peeled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups split peas
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- Dice half of the potato and shred the other half.
- Saute onion and shredded potato in oil.
- Add ham and cook over medium heat until warm, and add applesauce.
- Mix in peas, broth, remaining potato, and spices.
- Bring to simmer, reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer about 50 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Drain excess liquid if necessary, and salt and pepper to taste.