Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This was delightful, especially after setting overnight so it gets nice and mushy.
Make and share this Split Pea and Ham Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Dice half of the potato and shred the other half.
- Saute onion and shredded potato in oil.
- Add ham and cook over medium heat until warm, and add applesauce.
- Mix in peas, broth, remaining potato, and spices.
- Bring to simmer, reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer about 50 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Drain excess liquid if necessary, and salt and pepper to taste.