Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 40 mins
I love this soup, I made it 5 times already. Its high fiber low-fat. and very tasty. Points 4.
Make and share this Split Pea and Barley Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Place broth, split peas, onion, carrot, celery and garlic into a 3-quart pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Mix soup, a small amount at a time, in a food processor or blender.
- Return pureed soup to pot and add barley.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until barley is tender.
- Season with salt and white pepper.