Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A nice hearty Soup
- 2 cups dried split peas
- 1 cup lentils
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (cooked, crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1⁄2 cup scallion (chopped)
- 8 chicken bouillon cubes
- 12 cups water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- Add all ingredients to large stock pot bring to a medium boil.
- Reduce to a slow simmer, for 30 minutes.
- Add additional seasoning to taste.
- Let simmer an additional 60 minutes.
- Reduce to low and keep warm until serving.