Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This Split Layer Lemon and Raspberry Soufflé Pudding makes a great dessert! at the top there is a delicious soufflé layer and underneath there is a deliciously smooth lemon sauce.
- 1 large egg
- 45 g caster sugar
- 15 g plain flour
- 15 g butter
- 1 lemon
- 125 ml milk
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 50 g raspberries
- Heat oven to 180'c and boil the kettle.
- Grease two ramekins.
- Separate the egg. Zest and juice the lemon.
- Whisk together egg yolk and sugar. Add the flour, butter, lemon zest and juice, milk and whisk until blended.
- Whisk egg white and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites in 3 batches into the yolk mixture. Then fold in half the raspberries.
- Pour batter into the ramekins. Stand in a shallow roasting tin and pour in water from the kettle to half the depth of the ramekins, to create a water bath to protect the eggs whilst cooking.
- Cook for 35 minutes until golden brown. Then remove ramekins from the oven and water bath. Leave to cool.
- Serve with raspberries and a dusting of icing sugar.