Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I haven't tried these but wanted to save the recipe before I lost it.
- 12 large king prawns
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 banana pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chervil, chopped
- Split prawns along their backs, open up to flatten and remove the waste tract.
- Warm olive oil over low heat. Add garlic and chili and cook with out colour for 1 minute.
- Remove for the heat and add lemon rind, parsley and chervil. With the prawns laying on their shell and the tail meat exposed, brush the spice/herb/oil mixture on each tail.
- The prawns will cook very quickly, so cook flesh side down for 30 sec and shell side down for 1min.
Really enjoyed these prawns. I doubled the recipe and then doubled the herb/oil mixture again. When making the dressing I used a mix of red and orange capsicum and substituted the chervil for tarragon as I couldn't buy any fresh chervil. I used green king prawns. I served these with a green salad and used some of the herb/oil mixture to dress. The prawns cooked very quickly as SonyaS01 suggested. I'll be making this again especially the herb/oil mix as I think it would be delicious on fresh fish fillets and can imagine also adding a little sesame oil to the olive oil. Thanks Sonya01