Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy, (mostly) painless way to get rid of anything sharp stuck into the top layers of your skin. My grandmother used it on my entire body when I fell in a cactus wearing a bikini! I probably don't have to say this but please don't eat this. I would not suggest this if you are very hairy or if you have open wounds.
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle glue (like Elmers White or School Glue)
- bath soap
- Cover the affected area with a thin layer of Glue. You know you have the right amount when the coat looks slightly white and not clear. If it runs, it is too thick.
- Let glue dry on the hand you will be using on the following steps. (This helps you keep from transfering the splinter etc.).
- Wait for glue to dry until it no longer feels tacky.
- Peel off or gently rub to flake off.
- Wash area gently w/ Soap & Water.
- Pat Dry.
- Follow up with topical Benadryl or Calamine.
Used instead of my preferred method of amputation.