1/1 Photo of Splinter, Sliver, Stinger, Sticker & Cactus Needle Remedy
Chef Chessie's Note:
This is an easy, (mostly) painless way to get rid of anything sharp stuck into the top layers of your skin. My grandmother used it on my entire body when I fell in a cactus wearing a bikini! I probably don't have to say this but please don't eat this. I would not suggest this if you are very hairy or if you have open wounds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle glue (like Elmers White or School Glue)
- bath soap
- 1Cover the affected area with a thin layer of Glue. You know you have the right amount when the coat looks slightly white and not clear. If it runs, it is too thick.
- 2Let glue dry on the hand you will be using on the following steps. (This helps you keep from transfering the splinter etc.).
- 3Wait for glue to dry until it no longer feels tacky.
- 4Peel off or gently rub to flake off.
- 5Wash area gently w/ Soap & Water.
- 6Pat Dry.
- 7Follow up with topical Benadryl or Calamine.
Browse Our Top Bath/Beauty Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bath/Beauty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Splinter, Sliver, Stinger, Sticker & Cactus Needle Remedy
Serving Size: 1 (900 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g