This is an easy, (mostly) painless way to get rid of anything sharp stuck into the top layers of your skin. My grandmother used it on my entire body when I fell in a cactus wearing a bikini! I probably don't have to say this but please don't eat this. I would not suggest this if you are very hairy or if you have open wounds.
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle glue (like Elmers White or School Glue)
- bath soap
- Cover the affected area with a thin layer of Glue. You know you have the right amount when the coat looks slightly white and not clear. If it runs, it is too thick.
- Let glue dry on the hand you will be using on the following steps. (This helps you keep from transfering the splinter etc.).
- Wait for glue to dry until it no longer feels tacky.
- Peel off or gently rub to flake off.
- Wash area gently w/ Soap & Water.
- Pat Dry.
- Follow up with topical Benadryl or Calamine.
Used instead of my preferred method of amputation.