Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this on-line sounds Yummy Valentiny!!
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 8 cups spinach, rinsed,stemmed and torn into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or 3⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- Dressing: Combine vinegar and jam in blender or small bowl.
- Add oil in thin stream, blending well.
- Toss spinach with 1/2 of the nuts, 1/2 of the raspberries, 1/2 of the kiwi's and the dressing.
- Top with the remaining ingredients (nuts, raspberries and kiwis.) Serve immediately.
Of course the salad was delicious with all those good ingredients. I did sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and used toasted almods. Next time I'm going to try it with walnuts. The dressing whisked into an creamy emultion nicely and would be quite delicious on most fruit salads. I will make this again, as it was so easy and few ingredients which I keep on hand.
I was just about to post the recipe that I have and found this one!! Mine calls for fresh strawberries instead of raspberries and I use preserves instead of jam. (there is a difference) The measurements are all the same, though. It's a delicious, refreshing salad and goes great with barbeque!! I found mine on the back of a spinach bag at Aldi's!! OOPS!! First time around neglected to give it the 5 stars it deserves!! Hope they come through now!!
Great salad....I found the new yellow kiwi's and served poppy seed dressing instead but it was great...the raspberries and kiwi sure goes good together...