Recipe by Bec
I tried a recipe very similar to this and loved it, but when I made it I had to omit some things. Since it turned out great, I decided to post it! You can use other peppers/spices to change the flavor too! Enjoy!
Top Review by christina_habib
Good simple starter meal. Added seasoned salt to flour to give more flavor. Also added a red and green pepper to corn to give a more fajita feel. Served it with tortilla shells. My three year old picky eater loved it.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen, more or less)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash pepper (more or less)
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and dry chicken, remove any visible fat.
- Combine flour and pepper in a bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken with flour mixture.
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat skillet to medium heat, then add the chicken.
- Cook until browned on both sides and no longer pink in center (If the chicken breasts are thick, you may want to cut them in half to cook more evenly).
- Place cooked chicken in a baking dish and keep warm in oven on low (170 to 200 degrees).
- Clean the skillet and add more cooking spray.
- To the skillet, add onion and corn, as well as a dash of pepper (at least 1/8 teaspoon).
- Cook and stir for about 4 minutes or until the onion is lightly browned.
- Spoon over chicken.
- Serve and enjoy (I eat it with ketchup).