Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is another recipe that I found at the www.splenda.com website. Just in time for the holidays! :-) "Tender baby carrots give this souffle a natural sweet flavor."
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine carrots, water and salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, covered for 12 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender. Drain.
- Process carrots and butter until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and SPLENDA Granulated Sweetener; add to carrot mixture and process until blended. Add eggs, one at a time and process until blended. Add vanilla and pulse 2 or 3 times.
- Spoon mixture into a buttered 1 quart baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately.
Made this for easter. Very disappointed. It was very dense and to me, tasted like sweetened flour. I threw it out the left overs, and won't make it again.