This is wonderful on a cold morning.
Make and share this Splenda Walnut Date Oatmeal recipe from Food.com.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Stir in oats and salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend, 1 tablespoon chopped dates, and 1 tablespoon chopped toasted walnuts over hot cooked oatmeal.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon skim milk.
- Microwave Directions.
- Combine water, oats, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover tightly with heavy-duty plastic wrap; fold back a small edge to allow steam to escape.
- Microwave on HIGH 2 1/2 to 3 minutes; stir before serving.
Delicious oatmeal for a great breakfast! I used 1/2 water, 1/2 milk to cook the oatmeal so I didn't top it with the 1T additional milk. Dates and walnuts are such a great combination and are perfect with oatmeal. Thanks for posting this treat! Made for My 3 Chefs November 2008